Dear Parents and Carers,
In my letter on Friday with regard to opening I said I would continue to evaluate our position and I would keep you updated if things change. Since this time the Independent Sage (Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies) report has been published and it has modelled that delaying opening until 15 June would reduce the chance a child would be exposed to a contagious classmate by over 50%. This is a significant development. We care dearly for your children and their safety has always been, and will continue to be, our main priority. As a result, the Governing Body has therefore decided to delay opening until, at least, the week beginning 15 June. This will also enable us to assess the impact of the Government’s easing of the lockdown restrictions which would take 2-3 weeks to come through.
Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may cause but understand we have not taken the decision lightly and have done so in the best interest of your child's safety.
The existing key worker and vulnerable children provision will continue (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org).
A copy of the Independent Sage report is enclosed for your information.
Chair of Governors